end of the line - woody guthrie
‘long about nineteen thirty-one,
my field boiled up in the boiling sun.
‘long about nineteen thirty-two,
dust did rise and the dust it blew.
‘long about nineteen thirty-three,
livin’ in the dust was a killin’ me.
‘long about nineteen thirty-four,
dangburn dust it blew some more.
‘long about nineteen thirty-five,
blowed my crops about nine miles high.
‘long about nineteen thirty-six,
me and my wife in a devil of a fix.
‘long about nineteen thirty-nine
we fanned our tails for that orgegon line.
we got a hold of a piece of land,
thirteen miles from the coulee dam.
coulee dam is a sight to see,
makes this e-lec-a-tric-i-tee
‘lectric lights is mighty fine,
if you’re hooked on to the power line
there just ain’t no country extra fine.
if you’re just a mile from the end o’ the line.
milk my cows and turn my stone,
till them grand coullee boys come along.
my eyes are crossed, my back’s in a cramp,
tryin’ to read my bible by my coal-oil lamp.
no, there ain’t no country worth a dime,
if i’m just a mile from the end o’ the line.
- versuri keepers of the faith - jacob bellens > jacob bellens
- versuri sway - world's greatest tag team > worlds greatest tag team
- versuri requiem - heart to heart > heart to heart
- versuri ultravioleta - tessa ia > tessa ia
- versuri liberdade do teu ser - estúdio 2640 > estudio 2640
- versuri notas - j king > j king
- versuri una festa a sorpresa - perturbazione > perturbazione
- versuri séquelles - torankuu > torankuu
- versuri pretzels ain't the same - 4cat > 4cat
- versuri sugartown - the saw doctors > the saw doctors